Launch of Nestle Pakistan’s Water Plan
Centre for Water Informatics and Technology
Lahore University of Management Sciences
LUMS Center for Water Informatics & Technology will be hosting “Launch of Nestlé Pakistan’s Water Plan”. It is our pleasure to request your presence on 4th of October, 2017 at Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS). Venue is 10-201 auditorium, 2nd-floor SBASSE building, and the timing is 3:00pm to 5:00pm.
This upcoming event unveils the “Nestlé Pakistan Water Plan” in partnership with; Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), developing agri-preneurs and scaling up technologies that can help save water in agriculture; WWF-Pakistan, working on implementing the Alliance for Water Stewardship (AWS) standard; Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI), with its research and advocacy efforts; Pakistan Agriculture Research Council (PARC) – Pakistan’s apex agricultural research at the national level; and Punjab Agriculture Department promoting high-efficiency irrigation methods in order to encourage farmers to reduce water wastage. All the partners have been working with each other to help save water.
During this event all partner organizations will share what they have been doing which will be an opportunity to learn from each other. There will be a chance to explore more partnerships during the event. We welcome feedback from various stakeholders; governments, corporates, think tanks, academia, NGOs that have been invited to the event.
- 3:00 pm: Guests to be seated
- 3:10 pm: Welcome Comments by Dr Sohail Naqvi, Vice Chancellor, LUMS
- 3:15 pm: Introduction to the big picture: Nestlé Global Water Strategy, Magdi Batato, Executive Vice President and Head of Operations at Nestlé S. A.
- 3:25 pm: Panel Discussion:
- Moderator: Dr Imran Khalid, SDPI
- Bruno Olierhoek, Managing Director, Nestlé Pakistan
- Dr Abid Suleri, Executive Director, Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI)
- Hammad Naqi, CEO, WWF-Pakistan
- Dr Abubakr Muhammad, Director, LUMS Centre for Water Informatics & Technology
- Dr Yousaf Zafar, Chairman, Pakistan Agricultural Research Council
- Capt. Mohammad Mahmood, Secretary Agriculture Department, Government of Punjab
- 4:30 pm: Q&A
- 4:40 pm: Presentation of Alliance for Water Stewardship (AWS) Certificate to Nestlé Pakistan’s Sheikhupura Factory by Syed Babar Ali, President Emeritus, WWF- Pakistan
- 4:45 pm: Note of thanks
- 4:50 pm: Group Photo with Panelists/Partners
- 4:55 pm: Refreshments
There is no registration fee. Interested invitees should complete online registration by October 2, 2017, on the following link: https://goo.gl/z4BCFi
For more details, please contact:
Soban Hameed Saigol
Admin Manager, LUMS WIT
Phone: +92 332 4495057